Alright, well Arizona is now for a very wet monsoon season. So I figure awesome I love the rain, it's freaking hot, this could be interesting.
The thunderstorms here are unlike anything I have ever seen. Lightning strikes every 3-5 seconds, huge thunder heads that roll into the valley and just loom over the city. High winds ripping trees out of the ground and rain that blinds you on the freeway.
Here's a good video of what lightning is like here. This was shot in Tempe, AZ
So I was excited for some awesome rain storms. We've had 2 huge storms...and that's it. TWO!!!! So mad!
On my way home from work the other night it really started to poor! After about a mile on the freeway I began driving past a large number of cars with their emergency flashers on and they were all pulled off to the right near the emergency lane. I laughed and kept driving thinking...."I'M FROM THE ROCKIES THIS IS NOTHING..YOU PEOPLE AND YOU'RE SILLY RAINSTORMS!!!" Lol. The rain was so heavy my 3500 lb truck began to hyrdoplane a little bit, and I couldn't see anything.....at all...it was scary...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment